jeudi 6 janvier 2011

Beckmesser "in China"

Just a quick FYI. I will be in the US for my work end of January and will go via NY to see the MET premiere of Adams' Nixon in China with a review for Concertonet.

I am thrilled to hear this and at the Met. I heard the same team play it in Bobigny in 1991. Previously, I ha discovered Adams's work via the monumental Harmonium in Boston with the BSO under Rattle. I remember going into the Boston Metro and then going out to walk back to the campus where I was studying so as to stay into the same sound world.



Adams has already been performed at the Met with Doctor Atomic but this will be Peter Sellars first entry there. When I was studying at the Harvard Business School, I was musical critic for the Harbus, the school newspaper. Sellars and C Smith took their Trump-tower inspired Nozze di Figaro (was it L Hunt as Cherubino ?) and I took half of my section to hear it. I also tried to interview Sellars for the Harbus but he was too busy and could not find the time. I met him in Bobigny at the performance of an Eschylus play and was impressed by sharpness. Maybe I should try to do an interview of him if my schedule allows for it.

In any case, if you go via NY, this is a must-see.

PS: The snow storm in the US prevented me from going. This being said, Adams music lives on ...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire